top of page

Frequently asked questions

What time is check-in and check-out?

Check-in is from 15:00 - 22:00

Check-out is by 11:00

I saw the accommodation on another platform, should I reserve it there?

You are welcome to reserve your stay directly with us! By text or email, we get back to you usually within 1 hour. And the best will get a better rate.  

Does The Wild Olive accept pets?

It is a case-by-case situation. Please email us.

Do we need a car? 

Most all of our guests come with a car, yes. Because of the geography of this part of Andalucía and all the wonderful sites to visit, we highly suggest to come with a car. There are no commercial shops within walking distance of the farm unless you are very adventurous. If you need advice or help with renting a car, please email us and we can assist you. 

Which airport should I fly into?

Malaga-Costa del Sol Airport is the most common. It is a 100km journey that takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes with the regular road. Gibraltar is a second option, which is even closer (about 30km) however, it's a small airport (likely less flight options) and keep in mind you will need to cross the border into Spain once you arrive. Sevilla is even an option if you'd like to mix in this wonderful city into your itinerary (126km)

Is the house completely private? 

When you rent the entire Farmhouse, it is completely private to you and your group, yes. If you book a room, it is not private. There is a chance you will socialize with other guests who are staying with us. Especially in the common areas. 

Are linens included or do I have to bring my own? What other essentials are there? 

All linens are included with your accommodation. Except pool / beach towels.

Guest bathrooms also have body wash, shampoo and toilet paper. 

The kitchen has basics like: salt & pepper, sugar, cooking oil, dish soap and paper towels. 

Is there air-conditioning and heating? 

Because of our off-grid renewable energy source, it is impossible to have multiple high-consumption devices like air-conditioning. We supply fans in every room and luckily, we often get a great ocean-breeze. 

There are energy-efficient heat sources in our rooms and common spaces. Being an antique farmhouse, it's very difficult to get every room extremely warm so please pack and extra sweater.

Is there a charge to use the table tennis or pool table? 

No! It's free. 

How fast is the WiFi? 

We recently upgraded our network to StarLink and can proudly say it's extremely fast...up to 200Mbps. This is fast enough for multiple video calls/streaming for everyone. 

Can I drink the water there? Or better to bring bottled water? 

The water from the tap at the Finca is fresh from the mountains, rich with natural minerals and safe to drink. 

Is the property hard to access, is the road in good condition? 

No it is relatively easy to get to our countryside farm. But to enjoy such a remote, quiet place, it requires a tiny sense of adventure! From the main 

road, there is a dirt road for about 300 meters. Once you are through the farm gate, it is a "rustic" gravel road, about 200 meters more to the farmhouse with some steep parts. We have never had a guest not be able to drive up or down...even in a fiat 500. 

What's up with the windmills by the property? Do they make noise? 

Yes, of course they make noise. Our property is below a wind farm. Luckily, most of the time you will not notice their hum. On extremely windy days and if the wind direction is just right, they are more obvious. 

If I rent the entire casa, can I play music outside? 

Yes. Play your music at a respectable level, but please don't have raves, this is not Ibiza.

What kind of barbecue do you have? 

It is a very traditional, basic open air grill that is used with charcoal. We do not provide charcoal, you need to bring this yourself. 


What type of outlets/plugs are in Spain, do I need an adaptor? 

The power plugs and sockets are of type F. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.  If you are coming from a different country, you most likely need a standard "European" adaptor. 





bottom of page